Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Good Morning, Pam!

Jim and Pam of The Office
(roughly based on BennyBunnyBand's Pam ToGetHer)

My morning starts when your day begins
With all the dreams that midnight brought within
A breaking day is still morning though breaking
Singing the day with a heart beating your rhythm

It may be just another day in the office
But will never be just a day with you
For the sun beams through its varying shades
Thru the panes and the pain when I see you

I'm on my back, the ceiling draws your face
As your face draws out my heart every time
And my dreams tracing every detail
of your elegant features and delicate lines

The revolving door opens my work day
As I work in circles thru your heart's way
An empty hallway greets my silent steps
as my thoughts of you walk in and out my head

Stepping inside the elevator, a box that holds the door
that sums up my world and its not-so-welcomed visitors
As the daily routine, my tummy gets upset as we go up
My brows sweat hard and my heart beats me up

The door opens and I'm never ready
to stretch the awkward smile for you to see
A hesitant high five that never meets your palm
you, perfectly seated at the lobby, lovely and calm

"Good morning, Pam!" I said bravely.
And those are the only words I could utter
The day would pass like a night so silent
Three words aren't enough; what else would matter?

If day dreaming is an offense, I've lost my job long ago
And if staring is a crime, I could've been jailed twice or so
I guess to be your buddy is a choice for me, for us
Among all the eyes on you, mine would surely last

It would have been fair to fight for, even over you
Had not been for Roy who always got your back
Until I figured I got one hit in a million to be with you
Nothing will change anything, I'm on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment