Sunday, December 20, 2015

Lost

We used to dream of Atlantis

On that phone call till dawn

That evening of songs we love

With the melody of your words


We had our secrets of joys

We had our silent laughters

We had the codes of hearts

We had that chance to fall


On our table we kept

A green notebook of apple

Where we wrote our words

That our presence couldn't mutter


Writing in puzzles

Reading in Morse

Tapping that pen

Emotions that hold


But then I hang up

That night you said the word

And so 'more' mattered to me then

That night of a phone call


So we lost those "G" signs

And we lost those green notes

Then we lost the rhythm

Of drills and falls


Soon I'll be thirty

And I'm reminded how we talked

Of that number that we wished for

The day you'd find me once more


That night I lost you

That night you lost me

Then we found each other

That day we can no longer be.

No comments:

Post a Comment